Opening Date - New Procedures & Rules
We hope everyone is healthy and keeping busy during this turbulent time.
With the recent public announcement the “Provincial Health Officer has not issued any order requiring the closure of golf courses”,
We have decided to open the golf course on
April 30, 2020,
to Members & Pass holders only.
(Opening to the Public on Friday May 15th)
We know that getting some exercise and fresh air (while practicing physical distancing) is an important part of staying healthy. “Flattening the curve”, safety and getting through this pandemic is our top priority and we all have to work together to make this a success. We have modified our operations and have created some new procedures that we hope everyone will follow in order to keep players and staff safe.
We will open 7 days a week and open to members and pass holders only for the first couple of weeks and if things go as planned we will then open up to the public on Friday, May 15th.
Returning members please contact Kevin at 604-894-6197 ext 2 or email@example.com to renew your membership. If you would like to purchase a new season or spring pass please visit 2020 Golf Passes.
We have also cut back on the number of staff working to limit contact as this will be a tough season and we are reminding players to help out in maintaining the course by fixing ball marks and divots. Maintenance will have limited staff, the golf shop will be staffed by 1 person with all purchases made through the side Golf Shop window and the restaurant will remain closed for now. If you would like to volunteer at the golf shop on busy days to help direct golfers please contact Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 please stay at home
- If you live with someone who has any symptoms of COVID-19 please stay at home
- If you are on a 14 travel quarantine please stay at home
- If you are unsure please use the self assessment tool provided free online or through the BC Support App
- Practice physical distancing at all times by staying 2 meters away from other people including those in your group. Take extra caution when on tees, greens, and walking on the fairways
- We encourage you to bring your own sanitizer and use it often while at the Golf Course
- Try to limit the surfaces you touch throughout your visit
- All tee times will need to be made either online at Book a Tee Time
or over the phone 604-894-6197 ext 1.
- We will not be allowing any walk-ins.- if you require help with logging on please contact a member of our staff
- Tee times will be every 15 minutes (previously 8 minute intervals)
Arriving at the Golf Course
- We will have signage around the clubhouse with spots marked out on the ground for places to stand while waiting to check-in or use the washrooms- Please follow the instructions
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your tee time to help prevent unnecessarily large groups standing around
- If you do arrive early please remain at your car until 15 minutes before your tee time
- The practice areas (green and hitting cage) will not be open
- Please do your warm up before you arrive at the golf course
- Washrooms in the clubhouse will remain open-1 PERSON AT A TIME and only accessible through the front door. A staff member will instruct you when you can enter the building
- The side window of the Golf Shop will be available for check-in and purchases, the inside of the golf shop will be closed (do not approach the counter please)
- When you arrive at the clubhouse, walk up the south side and proceed to the check-in at the golf shop side window then proceed to the first tee when the group has left. Remember tee times are 15 minutes apart so please wait for the group in front to get well ahead before you tee off
- We will be only accepting credit and debit card payments only (tap if you have it)- No cash sales at this time please
- We will be accepting orders over the phone for tees, balls, gloves, pop, water and alcohol
- As water will not be available on the golf course please bring your own and we will also have some for sale
Power Carts and Pull Carts
- Power carts will be single rider only (1 player per cart) unless you are golfing with someone in your household or have driven to the golf course in the same vehicle
- We have a fleet of 28 power carts and with the single rider rule in effect it is imperative that you call ahead (minimum of 24 hours) to reserve a power cart. This includes Cart Pass Holders
- When riding in the power cart please keep your personal items in your golf bag (phone, keys etc)
- Please empty the power cart of all items before you return the cart to the designated area (there will be signage and recycling/garbage cans available)
- Coolers will be removed from the power carts
- Pull Carts will be available- a staff member will bring a sanitized one out to you- Please do not grab your own if there are any sitting outside
- Power and Pull carts will be sanitized between uses- again try to limit the surfaces you touch
Changes on the Golf Course
- All tee blocks, ball washers, garbage cans, benches and water jugs have been removed from the course to avoid unnecessary touch points
- Lift clean and place is permitted in the bunkers
- The pin must be left in the hole- DO NOT TOUCH
- We have put a small piece of PVC pipe in the hole so the golf ball will fall slightly. Use your putter to retrieve your ball
- Do not share equipment, scorecards, pencils etc
- Do not shake hands or high five others
- While playing in your group please remain at least 2 meters away from others
- If you catch up to a group in front of you please keep your distance
- If you fall behind, please move to the side and allow the group behind you to play through
- The practise green will be closed
After Your Round
- When you have completed your round of golf please refrain from shaking hands, high fives or exchanging money
- Please exit the facility promptly and travel home safely.
BC Liquor Regulations are still in effect, no outside alcohol will be permitted. We will have a selection available at check-in. (you can call ahead and we will have it ready)
It is imperative that everyone abide by the above protocols as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behavior so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.